Training Needs Assessment
Master key tools and techniques to build the talent pipeline in your organization.
Training is a performance improvement tool which is direct investment in the company assets. Many businesses fail to spot the worth of training to improve competitiveness. Training needs analysis (TNA) is a review of learning and development needs for workforce within organization. It considers the knowledge and skills that people need and how to develop them effectively? As organization continues to consolidate, it is needed to make sure that employees are appropriately capable of meeting current and future needs. Successful training needs analysis is the first critical stage in the training phase and is always performed before the trainings.
By the end of the programme the participants would be able to:
- Design interviews, questionnaires, surveys and write proposals.
- Apply a rational process to conduct needs analysis that supports learning solutions with business outcomes
- Identify constraints on the learning and provide the organization with clear information and recommendations on trainings
- Develop recommendations that incorporate learning strategies agreed by stake holders
- Examine the organization’s work roles to determine expertise and competencies needed for effective performance
- Determine organizational goals with key stakeholders
- Collaborate with others to identify the individual performance levels necessary to meet organizational goals
Organizational Development Practitioners
At a glance
What you'll get
- Facilitator-led discussion
- Interactive group sessions
- Self-reflection activities
- Skills practice and group discussion
Maximum group size
Upto 20 people per group
- What is Training Needs Assessment (TNA)
- When is Training NOT the best intervention
- Who initiates TNA
- Teaching the right skills to the right people
- Benefits of TNA
- Challenges of TNA
- Determine desired outcomes
- Priorities training needs
- Identify trainable competencies
- Determine how to conduct training
- Approaches to needs analysis process
- When not to do a needs analysis?
- Needs analysis worksheet
- How to avoid unnecessary training?
- Conducting an organizational analysis
- Conducting a task analysis
- Conducting a performance analysis
- Focus group
- Document review
- Evaluation of training